Q: If I want to attend Grand Prix New Jersey but not play in the main event, do I still need to purchase a registration package?
A: Entry into the hall is free! You will only need to pay for the events in which you would like to compete.
Q: Is it true that I can no longer register for the Grand Prix on Saturday morning?
A: Yes. As per Wizards of the Coast’s new policy, Grand Prix no longer offer on-site Saturday morning registration. If you wish to play in the main event, you must either register on-site on Friday or preregister.
Q: I’ve never played in a Grand Prix before. What can I expect?
A: Please watch this video prepared by our friends at Wizards of the Coast. If you still have questions, please contact us, and we’ll be happy to help!
Q: Where can I find a decklist form?
A: Decklist forms may be found here.
Q: What is a Sleep-In Special?
A: If you have byes, you are eligible to purchase a Sleep-In Special that will allow you to report to the tournament after the player meeting. View complete details on the GP New Jersey Sleep-In Special here.
Q: Can I just pay for the registration rewards and not attend the event?
A: Registration rewards are only available to participants in the Grand Prix.
Q: What happens if I preregister and I can't attend? Do my registration rewards get mailed to me?
A: Unfortunately, registration rewards are available to Grand Prix participants only. If you cannot attend, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding a full refund.
Q: What are the rules for trading while at Grand Prix New Jersey?
A: Although trading is both allowed and encouraged, please note that the following things are not permitted at this event:
- Buying/selling cards with anyone except for our authorized dealers
- Advertising without receiving permission from StarCityGames.com's on-site Event Manager
- Offering to "alter" cards in exchange for some form of compensation
- Utilizing an excessive amount of space when trading
- Using suitcases, handcarts, luggage carts, etc. for the purpose of transporting excessive amounts of trade stock.
- Using the official #GP hashtag in order to facilitate breaking any of the rules listed above.
- Use of playmats that display prices (more commonly known as "buy mats") and/or price tags/stickers.
Please note that failure to obey these rules may result in all involved parties being both removed from the event without refund and banned from attending future events.
Q: What do I do if I still have questions?
A: Please contact us, and we’ll be happy to help.